Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Resurrection Eggs

 
Easter has come and gone but I still want to share this amazing activity we did in Sunday School this year.  Each family constructed Resurrection Eggs.  They used these like a count down to Easter.  Starting 12 days before Easter the family would open an egg each night (in the correct order).  Inside  was a trinket and an explanation of its meaning.  It allows for great discussion.
 This concept was new to me, but I discovered that these kits can be purchased already assembled.  I however wanted to share this with all of my church's kiddos, so we went searching for DIY kits.  I modified several kits to make the one that works for me.  Here are my printables:  egg cards and
Resurrection cover.


The best part of this Easter was that even though the kiddos are 2 and 3, the Easter Bunny was an afterthought to them.  This and other activities and discussions that were happening at our house was truly the message of the holiday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment